It is easy to establish your own named charitable fund and it can be done
in less than a day. Working with a member of our staff, and your
financial advisor if you choose, you will take these simple steps:
- Determine your charitable purpose or intent.
Select the type of charitable fund that best supports your
purpose. Our staff will outline your options and discuss advantages of
- Complete a simple governing document. Our staff will help you to complete a document that makes your intentions clear.
- Select a name for your fund. You can use your name, that of a
family member, the name of a favorite cause, or choose a name that
allows you to remain anonymous.
- Depending on the type of fund you establish, you may designate
current fund advisors such as yourself and spouse, and successor
advisors such as your children. This information will be included in
your governing document.
- Receive a tax deduction at the time the fund is established and when additional contributions are made to the fund.
- Enjoy giving through your fund. Once your fund is established you can: Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount.
- Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged whether in the name of the fund or anonymously.
If you've established a donor advised fund you may recommend
distributions to charities, locally or throughout the United States.